Thursday, August 27, 2009

BBQ's

In the last two weeks I think we have been to 4 bbq's. It has been awesome meeting so many new people and eating such great food. Three have been with the church that Paul is now working for and one was a neighborhood party. We actually met a really nice couple about our age with two children and who are believers that live near us. We are planning on hanging out with them soon!

Paul did one of his favorite things, biked 100 miles. He rode with a friend in the Alpine Century a couple Saturday's ago. Most running and biking and triathlon events are on Sunday's, and now that he is working Sunday's we are limited to things happening on Saturday's, but that is ok.


School starts very soon. Teachers are to be back Monday and students come back the following Tuesday, however I have already been going in some the last couple of weeks. We had been storing all my classroom stuff in our garage over the summer, so I have returned it all and am in the process of organizing. I am excited for a new year, and I think I am ready for the new challenge of teaching younger students and teaching a blend.

Oh, and I wanted to start sharing some recipes. Paul and I love to cook, and we especially love to cook from scratch when we have time. So we will be posting some of our creations, but I am too tired right now to write one out; stay tuned!

1 comment:

Laura Jean said...

Very fun! I'm excited to hear how this teaching year will be for you!