Thursday, January 21, 2010

January 26th

I am not one who shares my opinions on things very freely as I do not want to offend others. However, I am feeling a bit more of a push in sharing some information about the upcoming Oregon election. I know it is easy for me to sit here and tell everyone that they should vote "yes" on Measure 66 & 67 as we do not make over $250,000 and a "yes" vote would secure my job for the next few years. But I am not going to tell you how to vote, all I am going to ask of you is that you really look at the facts of these measures before voting. Below is a link with more information on both measures and don't forget to get your ballots in on or before January 26th!

"The opposition's ad in yesterday's Oregonian claimed that Measure 66 is "a fairy tale" and Measure 67 the "wrong time, wrong tax."

But just last week, Education Week's study on education quality gave Oregon an F for college readiness, an F for teacher training and support, and a barely passing grade overall.

That's no fairy tale, and for our children, the time is now. We cannot afford to lose the $727 million Measures 66 and 67 will bring to protect Oregon schools."

http://www.stand.org/or/facts

No comments: