Monday, June 21, 2010

Up Early

Paul and I woke up super early for a training run this morning. We ran about 6 miles as the sun was coming up. We are training for legs in the Epic Oregon Relay, which runs from Lake Oswego to Eugene. One of our friends won an entry after completing the Eugene Marathon. I am excited for this race, I don't think it will be very grueling running wise as my longest leg is only about 5 miles, but for other reasons I am a bit nervous. For one I am not use to running by myself. I, except when running at the gym, always run with someone. I like running with others; I think it helps pass the time. Another difference is that I will be running one leg in the dark. I have never ran in the dark. I am always very aware of my surroundings when exercising on the road (just ask Paul, if I ride my bike on the road I always have my bright yellow biking vest on) and running when drivers aren't able to see you as well makes me a little nervous. I am sure it will be fun and that we will have some good stories. We will definitely let you know how it goes.

No comments: